Monday, September 8, 2008

Lunch

I just had to show everyone a picture of our glorious lunch today.



Jeremy made some green soup (there on the left) and he made up a big pile of corn fritters which we ate with these beautiful Korean Gold raspberries. The raspberries are from the farmer's market and the corn and greens are from the CSA.

The corn fritters were incredible!! So, here is the recipe from About.com's section on southern food.

Corn Fritters
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3 tablespoons honey
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen, thawed or fresh corn
Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine eggs, milk, honey and butter. Fold in dry ingredients [add more or less flour - enough to bind batter]; add corn last. Drop by tablespoons into hot vegetable oil and deep fry about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve corn fritters warm.

I ate mine completely plain (not even with butter!) because they were so good. Jeremy had butter and blueberries and raspberries with his, and a little peach jam we just made. That reminds me I'm quite behind on posting our recent activities! Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I must say that those fritters were quite tasty - if I do say so myself. They were good enough that I made three more batches this morning - two of which are now in the freezer for when we can't get fresh sweet corn. -Jeremy