Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weekend chicken coop construction update

I was minding my business on Saturday, sewing or cleaning or something, while Jeremy was out working on the coop. He's been cutting wood and doing stuff in the garage, so I was quite amazed to look out the window and see this!



I took pictures as things progressed, but I didn't go outside so the pictures are a bit fuzzy since I took them through two panes of dirty window glass.





(nephew Adam came out to help for a little bit)


(this is today, Sunday.)


(putting up some studs for the hen house walls)

This was the best part of the day: Our neighbor across the alley heard Jeremy pounding away and she came over with her banjo and played us a chicken song she knew! It was great.

3 comments:

Jed Carosaari said...

By the time you're done with all these projects, you two will have built an entire house! You should consider working for Habitat with Carter.

Anonymous said...

Chicken songs for banjo, huh? That must be a short list of tunes.

Aimee said...

Abdul - I suppose, except Jeremy really hates building!! I'm certainly not proficient, so he has to do it. But it's not always enjoyable.

Omar - uh, you're right. I guess she only sang one song. =)