Way back in August when we started painting I had no idea it would take this long. Of course rainy weather, cold weather, and just about anything else we could think of delayed us. Mostly because the scraping was so onerous - it was a huge roadblock to getting anything done. But we have persevered and gotten almost all the painting done.
The south-side, scraped:
Just last week we finally got the front porch done and those six or seven remaining pieces of old siding at the top of the house that hadn't been painted for months. Getting the front of the house done really made it look great.
Then all we had to do was the north side and, frankly, with other projects going on, we really didn't want to do it! But then the temperatures dropped precipitously and we realized we only had a few days left in the season if we wanted to get the house painted this year. So... we did it!
For the most part anyway! The short half of the house (toward the back) is done, but only half of the front part is. If we don't get another warmer day this year, our house will be half green and white till next year.