Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sewing, sewing, sewing

You may (or may not) have noticed things are sometimes quiet around here. It's not just that I have a part-time job now, it's that I have a full-time sewing job!
I continue to do sewing projects for friends, family, strangers, etc but I've also have a tent at our local Midtown Farmers Market.

I decided to have really low expectations (that I wouldn't sell anything) just so I wouldn't be disappointed. So I've been pleasantly surprised that I've been doing well. And by doing well, I mean I've at least paid for my fee each week. =)

I've been enjoying myself though, and getting to know some of my fellow vendors. I applied for and got accepted into the Powderhorn Art Fair this coming weekend (August 7-8). I'm trying not to have any expectations again, but it would be cool if I sold everything! Of course - then I'd have to sew like crazy to make it to the farmers market two weeks later. So maybe... 2/3 of everything? =)

Anyway, here are a few examples of things I've been making (and sometimes even selling!):

Tea cozies (they're for tea pots)







Pot holders:





Wristlets (generally fits a cell phone, keys, and your ID - for people who don't like to carry around a lot of baggage. =)



Lots of cloth shopping bags (I'm particularly fond of this one I just made this week out of a curtain or something)



Jeremy picked out the fabric for this one:



And if you remember the bag I made for my sister, I'm making those too. This is a variation in corduroy:



I quite like the little reveal pocket on the front



And of course it's got the little pocket inside.




I've also got some quilts, like the ones I posted about in March, and a few other various things. My 10-foot square tent is packed out and it looks rather like I've been quite busy. I have been! And I've mostly enjoyed it too.

I hope some of you local folks will come by this weekend to check out the fair.

3 comments:

Dwelf the senior raincoat said...

Cool.

Dwelf the senior raincoat said...

Argh. Posting here is hard! Miss Patty is busy, but I'll start flapping and hopefully land there in time for the 'big show.' Great stuff.

Aimee said...

Thanks Doug; it will be great to have you here. Bring summer clothes - it's hot and humid! =)