Monday, October 18, 2010

Making Salsa - a working girl's perspective

When you have a 30-hour a week job, food preservation looks a little different.

Step 1: husband buys tomatoes, peppers, and other things at Farmers Market.

Step 2: husband cuts up tomatoes and peppers (and other ingredients I guess) and roasts them in the oven.







Step 3: Voila! Salsa!





Obviously there are many steps I missed, but I wasn't home to watch or help! This is Jeremy's favorite salsa which he made last year. It's in the Ball Canning book. Another blogger tried out a few recipes in there and recommended this one. Jeremy loves it. I think we'll (or he'll) definitely be making this one every year.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I can't remember where I stumbled across your blog, but I recently moved to the twin cities and I was wondering if you have any suggestions for groups, organizations, people to connect with in the homesteading realm. Thanks!