Thursday, November 11, 2010

Drowning in fabric

Where does the time go I ask you!?
In my case it goes to work and then as much sewing as I can squeeze in. In addition to sewing lots of things for the Farmers Market, during September and October I took on the crazy project of helping someone make a wedding dress and bridesmaid dress. I hope to post pictures soon.

I'm trying to get into sewing Christmas presents - but I've got some mending work to do first, and now I'm making a quilt for someone to give her daughter for Christmas! I'm excited because this is my first big paid project. Pics or details when I get that done.

And do you all remember that quilt I was making earlier this year? The top is finally done!



I got the top done in time for our open house last month. But then we promptly folded it up and put it away. I still have to put together the back, baste the whole thing together, then quilt it. Some day, some day...

4 comments:

Mom said...

If you want to machine quilt it, one of the ladies at work has all hers quilted by someone on the East coast - I can get you the address. she just sends the quilt and backing, batting is provided and it is reasonable. My hands are so bad, I decided to only hand quilt the quilts for you kids, like what I made you, that are heirloom type quilts - and machine quilt the rest. Not that I have been able to to any quilting at all for over two years...

Nice job. What are you going to do with the quilt I made you, since you don't keep it on your bed? I hope you have it rolled and not folded, because where the folds are will weaken the embroidery.

Aimee said...

I'm still going back and forth on whether to hand or machine quilt it. I admit machine quilting would be so much faster! In fact, I met a machine quilter at that horrible craft show I was at and she lives within driving distance, so I'd probably go to her. (I can't believe you'd suggest mailing a quilt! =)

As for the quilt you made me, I want to hang it on the wall somewhere, but I'm still figuring out the best place...

Aimee said...

I'm still going back and forth on whether to hand or machine quilt it. I admit machine quilting would be so much faster! In fact, I met a machine quilter at that horrible craft show I was at and she lives within driving distance, so I'd probably go to her. (I can't believe you'd suggest mailing a quilt! =)

As for the quilt you made me, I want to hang it on the wall somewhere, but I'm still figuring out the best place...

Heidi said...

My mother is a big quilter. She loves machine quilting and using a surger to piece. She likes things fast. There was a time when she was pumping out 20 quilts a year even with a full-time job. She's a nut.

Love your quilt, it is beautiful. I've been meaning to do some myself, but haven't had the time. next year :)