Saturday, March 26, 2011

Winter doldrums



After a week or two of lovely warm weather (and by warm I mean 40s!) we got another 5 plus inches of snow this week. And the temperatures have dropped back to the teens to low 30s.

It seems like everyone everywhere is talking about baby chicks, baby plants, spring, spring, spring!!

Right now, spring and summer feel so far away ... I've given up all hope of that blessed time ever arriving.

I was looking through pictures of our yard from the past two summers. So much light and warmth and so many flowers! I want a time machine so I can fast forward to June or July!

I saw this leaf in the snow. It must have been warmed by the sun and it's slowly sinking through the snow. Pretty cool.



(and by "cool" I mean: trying to find anything redeemable about having more snow! grr.)

6 comments:

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

That is a really neat picture. This is a bad spring for so many this year. I hope we can make up for it on the back end with an extended growing season.

Aimee said...

that would be AWESOME. =)

Karin McAdams said...

Well, it was indescribably springlike here; magnolia blossoms coming out so fast that I took daily pictures; but now it's cold and blustery and no more pictures. I guess it's good that it slowed the blooming a bit...

I love the leaf picture!

dr momi said...

We are in the same boat here Aimee. Spring WILL come. Hopefully this next time when it does warm up it stays for good! Your leaf picture is great!!

B said...

Positive: snow means an extended maple syrup season.

Other positive: this is still better then the winter 3 years ago when snow was still thick well into April and it snowed 2x in May.

I wrote about the snow causing Stockholm Syndrome that year.

Aimee said...

Thanks Tam. I think I was here that year. Good thing we hadn't moved here till March or I would have told the moving trucks to turn around and drive back to Seattle! =)